I’ve added an “About” section which summarizes my current ideas on how to optimize health with easy to make diet and lifestyle changes. In this blog, I intend to summarize and review scientific evidence and explain how I came to form these ideas. I expect that many of my ideas will change as I learn more by writing and researching these articles.
Here are some topics I have planned for upcoming articles:
- Leptin resistance, and how it relates to obesity
- The relationship between autoimmune inflammatory disease (including mental illness and metabolic syndrome) and gut barrier health, permeability, and dysbiosis including the latest theories on treating autoimmune disease with diet
- Helminthic therapy (intentional parasitic worm infection) for treating autoimmune disease
- LDL receptor regulation, and the relationship between diet and cardiovascular disease
- How medium-chain triglycerides are metabolized, and the physiology of ketosis
- The relationship between angiogenesis and cancer
- The importance of balancing omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Widely varying rates of chronic disease between different populations of humans, even after controlling for inheritable traits, and how such observations can lead to novel hypotheses and treatments for common diseases
- How common logical fallacies and bias can complicate testing and translating evolutionary medicine hypotheses into effective medical advice
Before I post these articles, I need to work out a good citation system so that readers can easily access the underlying scientific literature. I am currently experimenting with LaTeX/BibTeX and the latex2html tool. If you have any other ideas for providing hyperlinked pubmed citations, please reply in the comments.